About the position and the Team
You will be part our Software Team which currently consists of six dedicated software engineers, the software team is part of our R&D Department.
Your workplace will be at the Nel Fueling Head office in Lind near Herning.
Your main responsibility will be to develop and maintain control system software for the Hydrogen Refuelling systems.
You will be involved in all phases of software development: Specification, documentation, design, implementation, and test of software solutions for hydrogen Fueling stations, you will also be improving existing control systems based on feedback from Customers and from our Service Department in the field. Towards especially our Service organization, you should expect to support commissioning of hydrogen Fueling stations in the field and perform troubleshooting together with our service/support department when needed.
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
Ideally you hold an engineering degree or an equivalent education with several years of experience from a similar role.
On top of that we imagine that the ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with PLC systems.
- Well known in object-oriented programming OOP.
- Experienced in performing code review.
- Experienced with task management systems e.g., Jira.
It will be an additional benefit if you:
- Are experienced in working with structured text.
- Are experienced working with SCRUM.
- Have experience working with other “high level” programming languages e.g. C#.
- Understand P&ID (piping and instrumentation) diagrams.
- Have knowledge about working with Process systems.
- Are experienced with the software development process.
- Are experienced with HMI/GUI work.
- Are experienced with improving ways of working/development of processes.
You are expected to:
- Be a good colleague with high spirits and a positive mindset.
- Have an eye for the detail.
- Possess good analytical/reflective skills.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks, a team player, self-driven, with an outgoing personality, highly communicative and reflective, 'good with people'.
- Recognize that meticulousness and that high-level quality are the essentials for success in your role.
- Be fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company with strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally.
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan.
- Nel offers employees many staff benefit such as good canteen, pension scheme with health insurance and other benefits.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.